- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife except a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- If sharpening is needed use sharpener or whetstone.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
- We recommend the use of our handheld sharpener or other such honing device on a regular basis.
- Ensure the honing wheels are wet (water only).
- Rest knife edge on the ceramic wheels and roll the knife back and forth approximately 6 times along entire length of blade and test for sharpness. Repeat in necessary.
- Our honing device is designed to keep a sharp knife sharp.
- We recommend not allowing the knife to become blunt before attempting to hone the edge.
- Rhineland Cutlery does not offer a sharpening service.